While teachers have spent years mastering graphing calculators, every year, new students pick up unfamiliar devices that have not evolved with the world around them.
We’ve reimagined the graphing calculator with today’s students in mind. NumWorks is a more modern and intuitive graphing calculator developed in collaboration with teachers. With a comprehensive suite of features, the calculator grows with students from middle school to college.
NumWorks is seeking experienced math teachers to join our rapidly expanding team this fall. The ideal candidate loves math, believes that anyone can be a math person and has an understanding and appreciation for the experiences of math teachers. Experience leading professional development and presenting at conferences as well as knowledge of the complexities of instructional technology decision-making are a plus!
As a Math Teacher in Residence, you will develop meaningful relationships with math teachers as they explore the calculator and support the adoption of NumWorks calculators in schools across the country.
Connect with teachers
- Reach out to math departments and district leaders to introduce them to the NumWorks calculator and offer them support and training.
- Respond to teacher questions and requests regarding the use of the calculator and its integration into their curriculum.
- Relay suggestions and feedback from teachers to the development team.
Coach and collaborate with teachers
- Understand the needs of the teachers and how NumWorks can support them in their teaching.
- Lead workshops and webinars to provide teachers with ideas on how to use the NumWorks calculator in their classrooms.
- Support the educators in our community by sharing information about software updates and helpful resources.
- Assist schools in creating and completing orders.
- Represent NumWorks at events and conferences.
Collaborate with NumWorks team
- Support the creation of classroom resources and disseminate them to teachers in your region.
- Provide suggestions and feedback to the development team to make improvements to the calculator.
- Assist the marketing team in creating content that is relevant to math educators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Education, Science, or Technology
- 2+ years of 6-12 math teaching experience in the United States
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology-based productivity tools including Google Applications
- Adept at managing time effectively across numerous engagements with conflicting priorities.
- Excitement about joining a smaller company
- A love for math and belief that anyone can be a math person
- Proof of vaccination is required unless an approved exemption is provided.
- Knowledge of the complexities of instructional technology decision-making
- Experience leading professional development and presenting at conferences
- Knowledge of Python coding
- Experience teaching IB courses
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
NumWorks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.